Friday, December 05, 2008

daily writing: Waiting on a job

My art director of 2 days complained to me that it takes too long to get a job in the London ad agency. It's a nightmare, and everyone knows it. There's not much we can do about it though. It's said it takes an average of 2 years to get a job in the industry, by which time my visa would have run out.

It's an interesting dilemma, but I hope to at least gain some sort of experience by doing placements and crits before I get booted back to Malaysia. Hell, I'm desperate enough as it is.

At least my book arrived today.

The nice fellas at MCBD sent me off with an assignment. Read "Hey Whipple Squeeze this." I read the first 2 pages and already I'm cursing myself for not discovering it earlier. Homer, you're bumped off the top of my reading list for now.

7 pounds well spent.

Looking at some of my friends on facebook, it's reassuring to see I'm not the only one who has gained some weight.

Watched "aku suka jolok" video for the first time in 2 years. Ah, the long forgotten days of my misspent teenage years. Lyn and co vowed to kill me if I ever said it to their face again, so I'm saying it here. Where no fucking body is around.

haha.

2 years on and still nobody comes here regularly. Oh how I love the benefits of being not famous.

And now, I shall provide sound effects to a silent film.

No comments:

Post a Comment