Tuesday, December 23, 2008

daily writing: changed at the last minute.

So many things change at the last minute these days. Nothing goes according to plan, or everything does, and the last crucial part of the plan crumbles and then shit flies.

I was going to write about how frustrated I am in putting my book together. Many people telling me to do different things. "If you do this you'll get hired"

This is your golden egg, sure-fire plan, Ace in the hole, trump card.

Stupidly, I listened to all of them and did what I was told.

What's this eh? a book should only have print ads, visual, headline copy?
By Joves.
What else?
No body copy, no long copy?
Holy crap man.
Oh and forget TV-scripts and Radio scripts too. They're bad news.
Why?
I don't know.
Maybe creatives these days are too busy to take time to read your pathetic, badly written little script, maybe it's just a pre-conception that juniours can't ever do anything well other than print.

I don't know.

Nah this won't work, no link with the product.
That's WAY too safe man.
"Unleash your creativity!"(seriously, I was told this)
Fact is, mate, Creative Directors want to be shocked.
Let's give them something funny, witty, and FUCK the product, selling point, and target audience while we're at it man.
We're fucking Juniors.
Who gives a shit?

Everyone's telling you something else, something different.

Sometimes you find someone who makes sense.

I guess this is kind of a thank you letter to Dave Trott for putting up this post.

For whatever reason, the man blogs every day. I suspect it's something to do with keeping himself sharp and on edge. If that entertains people as well, icing on the cake.

My head still feels like it's about to explode, I'm going to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment