Friday, December 12, 2008

daily writing: alone in the house

Today's the day Lyn leaves, and that means I get the whole house to myself. Even though it sounds like a good thing I assure you it's not.

An empty house, devoid of people, sounds, and the usual drama and complaining. It may be a little bit more peaceful, but nothing beats the company of friends.

To remind me that I need to do certain things to make sure the house is in working order, Lyn put up 3 pink post-its that say, "Turn off heater and lights", "Lock Door" and "Feed Fish", the latter two coming with their respective hand drawn symbols.

This should tell you how forgetful I am.

Well, at least I don't think I've missed a day in my "daily writings" project yet. Oh you didn't know I was conducting a project? Of course you didn't. How could you? It's not like you exist, dear constant reader.

There's been one, I think for every day in December so far. I think. It's been a really useful exercise. I get to practice my writing and add to my archives at the same time. Of course, being a writer I really should be writing more than this, but as someone once said to a cowboy, "take it slow."

Anyway, thus concludes my column on my daily column. I won't be able to cheat tomorrow by writing about my writing anymore. Any more times than one would be cheating. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment