Sunday, December 07, 2008

daily writing: Suck it up.

It seems all my friends are in sorrow somewhat. I feel like I'm living Grey's anatomy. All this drama and soap opera. Breaking up and being sad. At least soap opera on TV will have characters find love or happiness sometimes.

Real life is so often a bitch. They whine and they talk about how it used to be. Memories they probably won't be able to relive. Sulking in their own tears and self pity. It's hard to blame them, but it's still annoying. Sure it makes for riveting stories and soap opera, but as events happening around your person they're hardly interesting, because everyone has the same story, the same tears.

Sad people often fail to realize they're by no means unique in their disposition. When tears roll down and hearts are broken the outside world shuts itself off. Emotions take over and they encase themselves in a bubble. Life becomes all about one person. The one you want back so much.

I want to take a gun, scream "shut up!" and empty rounds into the ceiling, bringing about a cold silence before I pull out a cricket bat and bludgeon them all to death. Partly because when I'm faced with acquaintances like that, my mind draws blanks. I feel powerless to help them, mostly because I just don't know how. Bludgeoning may not solve things for anyone, but at least it's fun to pretend that it does. But mostly I listen and nod, pretending to be interested while picturing their bloodied skulls at the end of my bat, crimson red dripping down forming a thick, murky pool.

But I still like them and feel sorry for them. Am I sane or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment