Saturday, January 07, 2006

Shit customers.

Lets see.

About a month ago I got myself a job as a waiter.

Things were going quite ok.

It was actually quite fun to be a waiter, serving people. More fun than I expected anyway. The place I work at calls itself a bistro, but in all honesty I think the term 'outdoor bar' or 'open air pub' would be much more accurate, since they don't do food and the majority of drinks sold there are alcoholic.

Seniors and co-workers there were magically funny and easy going, I had my share of fun working there. So yeah, things were going quite ok for me.

Being a waiter, it's not surprising to run into assholes and rude customers once in a while. While it's neither advisable nor a good idea to let out any steam while you work(customer is always right applies here), it doesn't hurt to go out for a drink later and fuck everyone that you thought was a bastard behind their backs. :)

Shit customer's come in a large variety of shapes, colours and sizes. For starters, there's the one that ignores you. While saying it out loud here and now may not give it much impact, being ignored when you greet someone or ask them"what can I do for you?" can sometimes be aggravating, even more so if said shit customer happens to be younger than you, dressed in poser attire, and well... posing.

For the most part customers generally ignore you when you refill their glasses, clean their tables, bring those empty bottles back to the bar or doing such other seemingly trivial chores. Of course, there's always the customer that INSISTS on a female being their waitress, and being male and having a piece of meat between your legs, this can be troubling, as you end up ignoring that table. Should the female waitress leave the table and tend to other matters, the usually tipsy bastard will call you and give you a scolding and shit. Drunk people don't know what their doing damnit.

Then there's the customer who thinks he knows everything cos he's had a short stint as a bartender before. Should young, inexperienced waiters like us do something wrong, he'll usually give you that look that makes you feel and look inferior. I'm waiting for the one that starts lecturing when I do something wrong but so far, no luck yet. :) Well, in their defense, they're not that bad, just that it's usually annoying to hear them brag about shit and stuffat the table, as this is usually how people like them act.

Then there's the mother of all shit customers. The corrupt officials. Just by the mention of that phrase should give you an idea what a pain it is to serve them, heaven forbid if your supervisor orders you to stanby and serve that and that table only, then not only it's annoying and aggravating to serve them, listening to them talk, you get reminded of why you hate your own country so much, with all that corruption and shit going on. And a whole lot of other shit other people have already blogged about. Well, government officials being Muslim and all, are naturally forbidden to consume anything remotely resembling alcohol. They call it "tak halal". Which roughly means unclean or something like that.

And these bastards were there sipping wine without any reservation whatsoever. Not that they KNOW anything about fucking wine. For chrissakes at least learn how to hold the fucking wine glass you bastards. Then later they were feeling hungry, and so our manager, fulfilling his manager duties ordered lambchop for them. A while later the lamb chop arrived, and these assholes had the nerve to ask me "is this hollowly?"

Assholes. What the fuck is that in your hand right there?

I swear man. Although it's my country and I grew up here and I love it here and there's no place I'd call home shit, I swear to god. I felt like punching each and everyone of them in the face right there and then. It was not the happiest night of my life.

Shit customers. But of course, there being shit customers there will also be good customers. But that is a story for another time. I feel that this post, like alot of my recent(somewhat) posts, is getting way too long. So here it ends. Maybe I'll add something here tomorrow. Till then though.

No comments:

Post a Comment