Friday, March 13, 2009

Kevin Smith on Watchmen.

Reviews on the Watchmen are split half and half. Bloggers and fanboys generally love them, and snot-nosed-holier-than-thou mainstream journalists except Roger Ebert generally hate it.

I've always been a fan of Kevin Smith. Despite whatever people think of him these days. I think he's a great guy, has an impeccable ear for dialog,and always always tells interesting stories.

He's also a huge comic geek and it's no surprise he loves the Watchmen movie.

Here's a humongous 1hour35minute review/discussion/podcast he's done with 4 other guys on slashfilm.

I am starting to feel that he's mostly right about this movie, especially from the point of view of a fan.

Watchmen fans, be grateful. The movie is awesome, the original ending wouldn't have worked on screen anyway, and I'm going to see it again soon. This time without looking out for what they have cut etc.

note: this was not the thing that I forgot which I was going to write about. I'm still bummed about that. It's like an parasite eating at my brain, causing it to itch constantly. Man I hate that.

2 comments:

  1. Who cares about the other journalists? Roger Ebert has a Pulitzer! :P

    ReplyDelete