Tuesday, October 11, 2005

sketch.


Some time ago we had a class presentation about our magazine redesign project, it was about comparing teo magazines, one local and one interantional, identifying the merits of both and coming up with a new magazine layout, cover, whatever. I got bored halfway through the presentations cause it really seemed like everyone is doing the same magazine, which was CLEO.

rrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiight.

To top it off, not only were they redesigning the same frickin magazine, they were saying the saem things about them too. One guy would be like "ok, CLEO here has too many sub headlines...." and the next guy would go "I think the sub heads are overused..." and the subheads would be 'cramped', 'too many', or any other deriviative word of the same nature. I took out my sketchbook and started drawing this thingy during the 2nd CLEO magazine redesign. Finished at the last CLEO magazine redesign. You'd think that studying in a college with the word creative in it's name the students would try to at least choose DIIFERENT FOOKIN TOPICS FOR ASSIGNMENTS. Anyway. Yeah.

I drew this entirely out of imagination and I'm pretty proud of it. haha. It's not finished but it's been sitting there collecting dust for a few weeks now. maybe I'll try to complete it soon.. with color even.(gasp!)

more to come tomorrow.

1 comment: