Thursday, September 15, 2005

Advent Children. Khin.

Final Fantasy VII:advent Children was leaked a few days ago. Not really a surprise, but exciting nontheless. I downloaded it the other day and watched it. I'll just say it's gonna please most of the Final Fantasy VII fans. Too bad I wasn't too happy with it. Moving on.

Lots of work to do. My sociology and design lecturer still sucks. Today we were supposed to have a lecture on visual literacy, semiotics, and some other stuff. But by the way she's teaching coupled with her horrendous slides...I'd give her marks for effort. The whole lecture sesson consisted of me trying to listen to what she's talking about. You see, she has this thick, chinese-cum-cantonese accent going on. Aproved becomes aploved and actually becomes actuarry. Her powerpoint slides are the champion though.

"Cradle-Cradle design is the awareness in the product design as it impluse the concept for sustain the future better life for our next generation. The ecological protection is vital for our life as we do not own the world but we borrow from our children."

Now to be fair, it wouldn't be as much a problem if she would just let us READ THE FUCKIN SLIDES. I'm sure those things move at lightspeed, click click click she goes. Damn.

She then proceeds to upload all the slides onto a yahoo group she created and which we are all a part of. In pdf format. And we're supoosed to print it out. Nice going. I just lost the motivation to go to the rest of your classes for th rest of the semester.

At the end of each class she gives us a 'one minute paper' and tells us to fill it in. It would contain a few questions like 'what is the question that remains at the top most of your head?' or things like 'summarize the lecture topic today'. Normally I'd fill it in like a good, obedient student, because no matter how confusing her lecture sesson was, i always managed to learn something.

Today, I filled in the 'what is the most important/meaningful thing you learned today?' question with 'umm........' And I filled in 'what is the question that remains at the top most of your head?' with 'uh....... please use less complicated english in your slides next time. I am trying to learn. Thank You.'

I hope she notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment