Friday, December 14, 2007

Enchanted.

I just saw enchanted in the cinema. It fuckin blew me away. Well, not that much, but I enjoyed it alot. A whole lot.

I went in with absolutely not much expectations at all and was surprised at how much I laughed.

It feels very traditional in the Disney sense. All the songs are good and catchy too, except for the ending pop tune.

Amy Adams plays the leading role as a fairytale princess suddenly thrust into modern day new york by her evil soon-to-be step mother in law, and I have to say that she carries the role perfectly enchanted. The severely over the top acting fits well with the cheesy tone and is a really delight to watch. It's just fun to watch her break out in song on every little occasion that ties itself to the love subject.

Everything is executed with such a level of charm that I found it hard not to get absorbed into the overacted, melodramatic story.


:D

No comments:

Post a Comment