Thursday, September 03, 2009

I smell a Scam: 911 ads.

WWF: Tsunami killed (n) 911 only (n-whatever)

Disgusted? I know a lot of Americans are. Or at least American blogs and ad trade rags. I can't really bring myself to care. But I'll bitch about it. Such a deluge of sameness makes me want to crawl up in my bed and wish they don't exist. Let's have a run through.MTV: as if the channel wasn't bad enough.

Some kind of radio station: I don't get this one. Whose eyes wasn't glued to the telly when the planes hit? It's doubtful people said "quick! turn on the radio" when it hit. ugh. Moving on.
some woodland charity: everyday is 911 for nature. Getting bored yet?
Copy enlarged.
Hey, who doesn't love photo-hunt? Oh, that's right, families of the 911 victims. Especially if the image is one of said tragedy.
Anti smoking: 911 killed bla bla tobacco killed bla bla + a gajillion.

Same idea, different brands, generally pretty good Art Direction. The smell of scam from miles away. If I'm doing this every week I might die of repulsiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment