Monday, October 29, 2007

Goal.

I just had a thought. A new goal.

And thats to someday, somehow, be able to say, clear of doubt and with utter convictions the following phrases.

"Talent is bull. Hard work is everything."

"Sincerity will get you anywhere."

I believe talent can only get you as far as your diligence and passion will take you.

I believe that nobody is extremely talented, just extremely diligent. This makes all the successes I've read and seen seem within a stones throw away. It's hope and hope is everything.

I believe sincerity, just like anger and sadness can be felt by others, well by definition I suppose it has to, but more and more people are shielding themselves from it. I'm not so optimistic as to believe I can convince everyone I meet I'm sincere of my objectives, mostly because in order for that to happen other people must create a space for it to flourish. In that respect I think Janet has done a great job.

Idealistic as I am, holding on to these thoughts is the meaning I prescribe to my life so it doesn't become a putrid mass of stinking jell-o in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment