Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I hate the star.

If you're malaysian and your chinese, chances are you'll have seen, or at least heard of, the negarakuku video thats apparently causing an uproar and furore here according to the media.

The video created by Wee Meng Chee addresses some very interesting issues in our country today and further fortified my belief that loving your country and loving the government is not one and the same.

It's and interesting watch to say the least and the video has garnered it's share of supporters. It became a sort mini voice of the generation for us pitifujl Malaysian chinese, to say the least.

Today I went to thestar.com.my to find this article. Looking back now I can't say why I was angry. But I was and still am.

Probably it's because

a) it's what I consider a rather perposterous case of deliberate false reporting.

b) it crushes my admiration for the guy if this happens to be true

c) the article was probably referring to this blog post that he made on sunday.

Now if you ask me he has really nothing to apologize for. The government attempting to impose their brand of justice to me is just proof that our government relies on fear and lies to supposedly band our races together under the false banner of unity.

Malaysia today, if you ask me, is anything BUT unified.

This is pretty much true and I sincerely hope that things will improve in the future.

Said blog post that was made on Sunday, in my view does not come across as the humble, humiliating response to the governement's threats as the Star claims it to be. No where iun the blog post does he apologizes, claiming what he did to be wrong, or ask for forgiveness because, to him, and I'm sure to many people as well, he has done nothing wrong.

“To end the controversy, I will remove the video clip from my blog and I hope other bloggers will stop distributing the video clip,” says the star.

... what bullshit. The original video has long been removed and the ones popping up are posted by people who support the song.

“It has taught me a lesson about the spirit of nationalism and race relations. As a Malaysian, I did not intend to shame the country or ridicule any religion. "

....... I STILL FUCKING HATE THE STAR.

Then again, they were probably just relaying information given by 2 the Johor MCA Chairman Chua Soi Lek and....

hmm the boys father Wee An Hee.

Well guess this shows that I haven't read the whole article before writing all of the above. Well in that case in the oft-chance this happens to be true, just to tell you, Meng Chee that I have lost my respect for you.

My mind wants to believe that it's all a last effort ditch to prevent you from going to jail, and I.. really want that to not be true, but if it is.. then well..

sigh.

I hate our government.

No comments:

Post a Comment