Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The losing.

I'm back from London after 4 days, and it was great. I enjoyed my time there immensely, I got to meet 2 very nice guys who accompanied me for the second half of my 4 day trip, and became pretty good friends with them. I got to see all the things about London that I only read about previously. Like London Bridge, or Tower Bridge, or Big Ben, Buckingham and so forth. It was a nice trip and I'd like to do it again another time.

But the trip is not why I'm here now. It was great, but it's a story for another time. The time that is now, the present, is for far more serious things. Losing things, or lost things, to be exact.

waking up today, about to leave for school, I noticed that something was amiss. I didn't know what exactly, but suddenly I had the urge to look at my passport, since it is the single most important thing that I have in my possession. It's just that feeling, that if you don't get a good look at it you'll spent the rest of the day thinking about it. I didn't want that.

I turned my room upside down, my bag inside out, but no passport. That's when I started to panic, but seeing I had no choice, I left for school, determined that it would show up in my room eventually.

It's 0010 in the morning, more than 12 hours since I had that thought, and still it has yet to show up. I've made calls though, about 3 in the afternoon I decided that I'm not going to see it appearing in my room short of some miracle.

All I can do now is pray, and hope, and believe, and believe very firmly, I might add, that the single most important thing that was in my possession will return to me before I get deported as an illegal immigrant or something.

All we have to do is believe, and that which we desire, shall come.

I am the leaf floating on the wind.

That which floats down the river.

I am the Salmon going upstream.

I brave the rocks and the current.

We believe that which is said to be impossible.

That makes us mighty.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh! Passport.. I hate this part. Hopefully you find it.. Anyway you have the copy of your first page, visa page, or check what you will have to do incase the passport still not found?

    hope. miracle. believe. Take care, dude.

    ReplyDelete