Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I don't give a fuck.

So I'm here. A week till school reopens, and when it does it's time to choose my major. Us Graphic students have 3 choices; advertising, illustration, and multimedia. I have doubts running through my head a few weeks ago but I've decided I'm just going to study what I like. Because although this may SEEM like a significant crossroad, I'm convinced that decision here will have little or even no bearing as to what kind of life I'm going to lead in the future.

Besides, surely there's nothing wrong in submitting to the passion of my life and letting things go along with the flow is there? In addtion...I would also like to enjoy my college life a little. hehe.

So here it is. Illustration.

Will I have a job that utilises my skills in the future? Will ANY of the things I've learned in college be applied to my future career path? Will I be living the life I've always dreamt of?

No, no, no, and most probably no.

Sad state of affairs this is going to be.

But I really couldn't give a fuck. I have a dream, as do every other aspiring artist studying in college, and although the contents of the dream... the visual aspect of it, haven't fully materialized yet, I am confident, that when and if I DO achieve this dream of mine, it will mean the pinnacle of my life and I can die a happy man.

So yeah, I shall view this major thing as a mere stepping stone in pursuit of my ideal. Call me an idiot, call me stupid, an idealist, a dreamer, whatever. I don't give a fuck. I will do what I want with my life, and though my vision into the future may be murky, I am confident, I am on the right track.

3 comments:

  1. and when you are done you can be a 30day artist:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still think you guys should have come to cenfad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30day artist. im really intrigued by the ature of the project and when the time is right I MIGHT just do it.
    yeah.

    Well any of the lecturers in sem 5 are WAAAY better than all the lectureres in previous sems combined, even Kate agrees.
    so its gonna be fun this sem.

    hehe.

    ReplyDelete