Monday, December 05, 2005

R.I.P first drug blog in Malaysia. Long Live Sixthseal.

So this is it. This is where (or when, depending on your point of view) the line get's drawn. I've never known Poh Huai Bin personally. I don't really frequent his blog, but this nevertheless saddens me. Greatly. Saddens me in a way that makes me wanna punch someone. Much has been said about this. I agree with Lainie that after going theough almost all of his drug-related posts, I was convinced that I would never ever try drugs myself. If anything, the drug-related posts and videos were an insiparation to not try drugs.

And what's this shit about the paper's saying thast he's trying to PROMOTE drugs to everybody?

"Graduan komputer ajar cara jadi pakar dadah?"

Fuck that. What the Hell?

This only deepens my hatred for the newspapers in Malaysia in General. As a rule of thumb, whenever I hear some shit going on about the political world in Malaysia, I mostly go to Jeff Ooi's blog for further details. I've learned not too trust the Malaysian newspapers too much, but this? It's just plain misleading. First of all, he did NOT condone the use of illicit substances.(It sayd so in his profile damnit! Learn to read, motherfuckers!) It was more of a documentation of these subtances, an effort to provide the truth, to answer any questions you may have about these substances. The clear, un-adulterated truth, what the government is afraid of showing to the public. For me drugs have always been a curiosity, and knowing myself I probably would not try anything in the near future, but before feeling that way, while I was still in the 'kitty wants to play with fire stage', I came across sixthseal through Lainie's site, and after figuring out that this Huai Bin fella and this Verita's guy were basically the same person, I devoured their(his) entries like cookie monster on cookies. The entries on drugs, of course.

Fast forward. Today I'm still clean, the only addictive substances I consume are caffeine and alcohol.I haven't even tried weed for god's sake. And I don't see how anyone(anyone with a sound mind), after reading those posts, would want to try drugs. If anything, tose posts and videos were somewhat scary.

But after all that, it doesn't really matter. The authorities don't care. They don't care wether or not he condoned the usage drugs. They don't care what effect those posts had on our minds and psyche after reading them. They don't think about other ways to solve this problem. Because to them it's just like every other kissing scene in a movie, they don't give a damn. They think the people are stupid, and they need to control them. Democracy is almost non-existant here. To them, the only way combat these problems is censorship. By that they are stripping us of our options. Desacrating our rights. But this after all, is Malaysia.

I know it's been over a week since the incident. Everyone's probably gotten over it by now. Or perhaps trying to forget the terrible ordeal.

You know what? screw freedom of speech on the internet. Screw people trying to express themselves.

Freedom of Speech 0

vs

Malaysian Authorities 1


Links.
Sixthseal

No comments:

Post a Comment