Saturday, February 06, 2010

London day 3, busker band.

Today, walking from Leicester to Charing Cross, we saw a jam band on the street. A 3 piece band, guitar bass and drums. Jamming away with a bag filled with coins in front of them. They played bluesy rock and roll, like a mix between the doors and the rolling stones. They were good. We stayed for three songs, which is incidentally when they decided to close up shop.

It's these things that I will miss most of London and Europe in general I think. The freedom to busk on the street, people donating change based on how much they think the performance is worth. The museums, the history, the culture, the art, and the atmosphere.

I don't know to be sad or happy. It is home, but still. It's four days away! Definitely excited, but I don't know why exactly. It definitely feels heavy. I feel like 4 days is not enough to say goodbye, but then again, how much time would I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment