Friday, February 08, 2008

I now pronounce you, art director and copywriter.

I've been in the UK for some time now, and have worked with an art director for several months. My view that over here at least, the relationship between an art director and a copywriter is akin to marriage.

for those back home, you might say "what? surely that's abit extreme isn't it?" or "you siao ar?"

well sad to say but that's what it seems like here. for proof of that go over to here.

Did you see the photos? the references? I'm dead sure I'm not the first one to make the connection, but finding a right partner in advertising is alot like hunting for a spouse. They're like your second significant other. Many of the sam rules apply. Should you be happy that in Malaysia it's nowhere in fucking hell near the state it is here?

maybe.

A tinggling sensation tells me that marriages in the UK is the thing that helps secure the quality of ads. Or the incomprehensibility of it all. who knows.

What do you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment