Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Funfact2

I talk to myself an awful lot. Sometimes I scare myself, but most of the time I'll not be conscious when I'm doing it so I often realize afterward how stupid I must have looked. It happens often when I'm thinking about embarrassing situations where I knew I could've done better and I get that feeling like a part of my heart has been ripped out and I want to cover myself with a paper bag and never come out. Ironically, I feel like that as well if I've accidentally blurted out something to myself in public.

It happens almost exclusively when I'm alone, but a few of my unlucky friends have had the honour of sampling my insanities. Phrases I often mutter(at the top of my head) are "fuck!" or "How could you have done that?" or "ah shit chibai!" and or various other variations there of, or something else entirely. Sometimes I'll just give the finger into thin air, hoping to curse some demon from the past or other, or just to convince myself I'm somehow cool.


Oftentimes it happens when I'm walking, and I let my mind wander into territories unknown. Sometimes I will think of an event in which I have severely embarrassed myself, as previously stated, or I'll start thinking aloud, literally. Some other time I'll be having a cigarette alone, outside in the backyard, and it happens. I have no way of controlling when or how it happens.

I try not to believe that old story of only crazy people talk to themselves, but what do I know? I'm as crazy as probably everyone else, maybe a degree more.

I have no idea if this happens to anyone else. Are you completely silent when you're alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment