Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tonight.

The night sky is cloudless today. Under tonight's bright moon, I see my own shadow. There's Orion in the sky, and I think that's Mars right there, shining its' crimson light, almost obscured by some trees in the distance. It was the first time in a long while that I looked up at night and saw the stars. The glittering of which have inspired so many to write, paint, and sing. It's quite magnificent. I wish I was back home. Then my knees wouldn't tremble, my fingers won't go numb. It wouldn't be so cold. I'd be able to lie on a bed of grass, looking up. Not doing anything, just watching. Trying to make my own constellations, as men in the past have done. Just a little bit of solace, before I resume trying to make what I do interesting again.

1 comment:

  1. i love this. maybe it's the writer in me, I don't know. But it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete