Monday, November 05, 2007

And now for something less moving, but just as depressing.

Today on 4chan I found this. Dubious source, I know. But still.Then on wikipedia I found this. Yet another dubious source. I KNOW.

"As with previous particle accelerators, people both inside and outside the physics community have voiced concern that the LHC might trigger one of several theoretical disasters capable of destroying the Earth or even the entire Universe. This has raised controversy as to whether any such risks outweigh the potential benefits of constructing and operating the LHC."

Are these assholes fucking insane? Someone PLEASE fucking explain to me what kind of benefits would outweigh the possible destruction of the ENTIRE UNIVERSE. Or even the earth at the very least.

1 comment:

  1. ppl with several phd are fucking assholes,.....
    and btw not of the universe, at most of our solar system or galaxy,...

    ReplyDelete