Tuesday, June 26, 2007

malaysia

As I step down from the plane and into KLIA, a familiar smell wharfs through the air. The distinct smell of Malaysian architecture, if there is such a thing. It feels me with memories and reminds me that I am, once again, home.

It's 4 months or so, but it seems alot longer than that. I've seen alot in these few months, or at least I'd like to think I have anyway. The most valuable lessons I've learned so far have little or nothing to do with the school. It's been a wild ride, and now it's only going to get wilder.

As all my friends graduate this year and begin to look for jobs, I am reminded that I still have a year to go. I have this anticipation for actually working in the industry. Everybody prepares their portfolio and everybody looks for a job. I'll be surprised if even half of my classmates end up actually working in the industry. Competition's tough, there's no denying. The oceans not too big and there are already so many fishies in the sea. I set myself some goals for this summer break. Lately I haven't been keeping my own word too much, and I regret it, but here I go and I wish myself luck.

1 comment:

  1. It always feels good to go back home. Happy holiday..

    ReplyDelete